European Investigative Collaborations: partnering on in‐depth reporting at source
We believe in building an investigative network. Due to their structure and methodology, collaborative networks are the only mechanism able to keep step with the globalized power structures (ie. governments, corporations), and the single way forward for investigative journalism. Our primary purpose is joint reporting and publication of investigative journalism with a focus on European topics to understand how power structures impact European communities.
EIC partners offer different and complementary mind-sets, organization types and skills. This ensures a flow of new challenges, ideas and approaches. Our aim is to build a European network focusing on independent, high-quality cross-border and European investigative journalism projects.
Discussions on forming this network started in 2015 and involved Der Spiegel and the Romanian Centre for Investigative Journalism. Le Soir joined the plan as well as Politiken, Newsweek Serbia, Falter, El Mundo, TheBlackSea, Mediapart and L'Espresso. These are all funding partners of EIC. During the coming months EIC will decide on future partnerships related to stories or tools development. This is a non-exclusive Network, meaning that members can be part of other Networks, but only one medium or media outlet from each European country can be an EIC member, ensuring national exclusivity.
The basis for cooperation among EIC member organizations is the regular sharing of information and consultations on possible story ideas. We have regular meetings and work on several fronts: tackling European stories; finding, compiling, processing or analyzing big data-sets; developing under Free Software license our own Network collaborative tools, platforms and information design.
- How Gucci Plays Tax Games Across Europe
- Another Fine Messi
- International Criminal Court Secrets Fallout: Misleading Statements and Official Inquiry
- The Malta Files
- Football Leaks: Plan revealed to send David Beckham into space
- Football Leaks: How David Beckham held back from donating to his own Unicef project
- Football Leaks: David Beckham''s angry pursuit of a Knighthood
- Football Leaks: "The problem is there’s no full transparency" Interview with FIFA President Gianni Infantino
- Football Leaks: Kondogbia, the "sex party" for the Real Madrid president and the offshore commission
- Football Leaks: The Dirty Tricks of Doyen Sports
- Football Leaks: The Argentine Connection
- Fact and fiction collide for top football clubs’ Dutch straw man
- Football Leaks: How Paul Pogba finances became lost inside an offshore maze
- Football Leaks: Most Obscure Clauses in Player Contracts
- Football Leaks: Futbolcu sözleşmelerindeki garip maddeler
- Football Leaks: Revelations into Corruption of the Beautiful Game
- Football Leaks: Spor tarihinin en büyük veri sızıntısı ve ardındaki isim John’un hikâyesi
- Football Leaks: Mesut Özil vergi kaçakçılığından yargılanmayı son anda atlattı
- Football Leaks: Mesut Özil in Spanish tax authority probe
- Football Leaks: the story behind the data
- Football Leaks: Cristiano Ronaldo’s offshore adventures
- Route of weapons used in Paris terror attacks leads to Slovak online gun shop
- EU’s freedom of goods policy opened door to Paris terror attacks